|FAQ||What Should I Do?||Statistics||Statute of Limitations||Injuries|
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?:
1. Make sure you and those around you are safe. Safety is the most important thing in life. If you or another person is injured immediately seek medical attention. In many situations you may not be aware of serious injuries that you have sustained because of the shock of the accident. Even if you believe you have not been injurer you should get a checkup with a medical professional.
2. Do not attempt to talk with the other party regarding fault or apologies. Any words you may have said can be used against you when you are seeking compensation for your damages and injuries. Even politeness can be used against you.
3. Contact the local police department and report the auto accident. If you have a trusted personal injury car accident lawyer contact him if you have any questions regarding the process.
4. If you are not injured and it is safe to do so ask the other driver for their, drivers license, car registration information, contact information, and insurance documentation. Take down all information. If you have a high resolution camera phone ask the person if it is ok to take pictures of the documents you have asked for.
5. Don’t be shy: if there are witnesses who can testify on your behalf asked them for their contact information.
6. Take Pictures and take notes as much as possible of all the damage to your car, and well as the street lights, street address. If there is a dispute down the line you will have proof.
7. Be Careful Who You Talk To – if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, your best response is to get in touch with a los angeles car accident injury attorney and ask him to speak with the other parties agents.
8. Never automatically accept the first estimate or offer you get – jumping the gun on the settlement can be a costly mistake. Contact an attorney who is skilled an adept in negotiating with insurance companies. If insurance companies play hardball a skilled aggressive Los Angeles personal injury lawyer will take the defendant to litigation and trial.
9. Get an Attorney – A car accident attorney adept in fighting insurance companies and protecting your right to compensation will be able to substantially increase the amount of compensation you receive for your damages and injuries.
10. Heal your wounds and get better; fighting insurance companies and defendants is OUR JOB. We will make you receive the maximum compensation for your loss.
If you have any questions call a Downtown LA Law car accident attorney at (855) 385-2529