According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission Can Creek has issues a voluntary recall of its bicycle shocks due to risk of severe injuries to users. Apparently the products adjustment instructions and graphics are marked incorrectly; resulting in “unexpected behavior by the bike’s suspension” which can cause falls from the bike. In total more than 5,000 of these products will have to be recalled by the manufacturer. The shocks have either been sold separately or have been places in one these following bikes..
- Alutech – Tofane
- Banshee – Phantom and Spitfire
- Bianchi – Methanol 29
- Canyon – Spectral 140 – 27.5 and 29; and Strive CF
- Ghost – AMR Riot 130
- Guerilla – Gravity Megatrail
- Ibis – Ripley 29
- Intense – Tracer, Carbine 29 and Spyder 29 Comp
- Knolly – Warden
- Nicolai – Helius
- Norco – Sight Carbon 7.1
- Nukeproof – Mega TR
- Orange – Five and Five 29
- Specialized – Enduro 650B and 29
Filing a Defective Product Lawsuit
Product liability lawsuits are based on proving the existence of one of three types of defects. (1) Defect in the product original design. Can be proved by showing the a comparable design which poses a significantly lower risk of harm to the consumer existed at the time of production. (2) Defect in the manufacturing process. So that the consumer product sold was markedly different and as a result more dangerous than its original design. (3) Defect in the labeling: Failure to place warning as to the proper used of the product and or dangers associated with common use of the product.
Steps to Take if Injured
- Seek medical assistance as soon as the accident takes place.
- Do not alter, make modifications or fix the bike in any way.
- Do not return the bike or shock absorbers to any retailer or manufacturer.
- Keep all sales information and receipts.
- Contact a defective product attorney.
Compensation Available for Victims
Individuals who have been suffered injuries due to the use of a defective consumer product are entitled to financial recovery for all damages suffered. A calculation of the actual recovery in a defective product based lawsuit is initially difficult to determine. Some of the most important factors in determine the amount of recovery available include the following…
- The severity and magnitude of the bodily injuries that have been suffered by the individual.
- Economic damages incurred by the injured party. This can include loss of income, loss of future income and property damages.
- Non economic damages compensation. This includes pain and suffering compensation, and availability for punitive damage.
Attorney Consultation Available Free of Charge
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries due to the Bicycle Shocks manufactured by Cane Creek and have any further legal questions regarding the filing of a claim or lawsuit feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations and case review are provided by our attorneys free of charge.
On Saturday night, on October 14th, an oil rig explosion on Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana left seven people injured. According to reports […] read more
According to local authorities, a head-on collision in Stanton California left one person dead and another in critical condition on Friday, October […] read more
The Blu Cantina restaurant, an eatery located in Castleberry Hill, which is a suburb of Atlanta, had its roof fall in during […] read more
Former Lakewood High School teacher was hit with nine felony charges on Thursday stemming from allegations that she was engaged in a […] read more
31-year-old Los Angeles County Deputy Giancarlo Scotti has been arrested after being accused of sexually assaulting two female inmates at a Lynwood […] read more
According to a statement by city officials in Hollywood Florida, at least six nursing home residents have died. The deaths may have […] read more
Tree Branch Falls and Injures Three Toddlers: 2-Year-Old Left in Critical Condition At Linda Vista’s Children’s Center, located in the 1200 block […] read more
PPV McGregor v Mayweather Lawsuit Those who purchase pay per view aired events expect to have a clear and enjoyable experience viewing […] read more