The birth of a child is the most anticipated, exciting, and memorable day in the life of expecting parents and their extended family. Sadly, in many cases the joy of childbirth is overshadowed by serious medical complications. An infant’s health may be jeopardized by the medical malpractice of physicians and other medical professionals assisting in the birthing process. Poor medical treatment of the expecting mother and the newborn child may lead to serious medical issues and permanent disabilities such as Cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, permanent birth brain damage and spinal cord injury. You and your child have a right to proper medical treatment, if proper treatment is not received and injury takes place, your child in entitled to compensation.
Contacting an Attorney: We understand that contacting an attorney can be a stressful process. When you contact our Law Offices at (855)385-2529 you will immediately speak with one of our our distinguished and knowledgeable attorneys regarding your birth injury medical malpractice claim. OUR PROMISE – You will not have to Speak with an Operator, or Office Secretary or Wait hours or days until we contact you.
Common Birth Injuries: Sadly, birth injuries take place frequently in the United States. There can be many complications due to medical errors which can take place during the birthing process. According to recent birth statistics released by the Center for Disease Control close to 1% of all births in the United States results in some form of injury to a newborn infant.
Below are some of the most common birth related injuries:
- Clavicle Fracture: Collarbone dislocation or fracture separating the connections from shoulder from the chest.
- Erb’s Palsy: Or Brachial Plexus Injury: Caused by the stretching of the nerves that travel down from the head through the neck to the shoulder, chest cavity, and spine. In many cases healing does not occur even after surgery leading to permanent disability and nerve damage.
- Brain Injury: resulting from a lack of Oxygen to the brain or head trauma, often thee injuries result in lifelong permanent brain damage.
- Fracture to the Skull and Facial Fractures:
- Broken Limbs: Usually Femur, (thigh bone) fractures
- Fetal Distress During Child Birth: There are certain signs and symptoms of fetal distress which should be recognized by trained medical professionals. Often times the failure diagnose and properly treat fetal distress will lead to serious injuries to the unborn child and the mother.
Injuries to the Mother: Birth injuries to the mother are may take a few hours or even days to manifest themselves: Symptoms indicating an injury are excessive
- blood loss or shock,
- placenta retention
- tears in the perineum
- heart rate fluctuations,
- Sepsis (microorganisms in the blood).
If a loved one has recently given birth and is experiencing any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediate. Visiting the doctor who delivered the baby could be an option; however, it would be recommended to have a second opinion from unbiased medical personnel to help determine if the symptoms are the result of medical malpractice during the birthing process.
Should I Sue for Birth Injury
If your newborn infant has suffered any type of birth injury such as cerebral palsy, neck injury or spinal cord injury, you must first tend to your child needs and wounds. Seeking justice for your families loss is our job.
Our aggressive and tenacious Legal Team will keep on the offensive until they make sure your child has been fully compensated for injuries. Compensation for medical malpractice will be based on several factors including
- All present and future medical costs
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy costs
- Future nursing care, home care and transportation cost for children who have suffered serious disabilities
- Pain and Suffering including mental anguish
- Punitive damages – Where possible
Our Goal: We will never hesitate to go to trial if necessary and take on liable Doctors, Physicians, Hospitals and their insurance carriers’ so that your Child’s rights fully protected. Seeking the maximum compensation for a child’s suffering is Our Goal in Every Birth Injury Case we Handle.
Contacting Our Law Firm: If you require legal representation for your child’s birth injury claim we can help. We will take care of every legal detail and make sure you and your child achieves the highest compensation possible for damages and injuries sustained during child birth; in the meantime, concentrate on the most important part of this process – you and your child’s recovery.
Statute of Limitation May Bar Your Child Rights to Recovery: Remember that it is crucial to act quickly after you’ve sustained a birth before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation regarding your case: (855)385-2529