According to police at the location of the crash at least one individual has died and at least a dozen motorists have suffered severe injuries requiring hospitalization. The California Highway Patrol currently investigating the cause of the accident. The crash involved two big rig trucks and multiple vehicles many of which were engulfed in flames. Dozens of fire fighters and paramedics from Los Angeles and the nearby city of Glendale have responded to the location of the crash. As of the latest report the fire has been successfully extinguished. The full extent of the injured may not be fully assessed for days. Investigators from the CHP and the NHST (National Highway Safety Transportation Division) are attempting to find out the exact cause of the accident.
Compensation for Injured Victims of Auto Accidents: Individuals who have suffered physical injuries as a result of the negligent conduct of others are entitled to monetary compensation for all the damages they have suffered. Specific categories of damages compensable in a personal injury claim including the following.
- All medical and hospitalization costs.
- All future medical care and treatment.
- Lost income and loss of future earnings due to long term injuries or permanent disability due to the accident.
- Economic damages – including loss of property or damage to property.
- Non-economic damages – including emotional distress, trauma, PTSD resulting from the accident, pain and suffering, and anxiety.
- Punitive damages – under the common law system of jurisprudence victims of harm due to the intentional or reckless conduct of others are entitles to further financial recovery.
Attorney Consultation: You may be entitled to substantial financial compensation if you have suffered any harm due to this accident. Victims can contact our law offices in order to learn more about how to receive compensation for their injuries. All consultations and case reviews are conducted by our attorneys 100 percent free of charge.